Sunday, June 7, 2009

Food, food and more food!!!

So while my mom was visiting we took her out to a few of our favorite places to eat from Nepalese curry to Korean to Japanese noodles and rice we ate our way around Okinawa!
There's my mom with her Korean BBQ...yummy.
Greg loving the Korean Bibimbap....I think this restaurant is one of a kind.
Okay, so this is one of the noodle places we eat at. This place does have a bit of a twist to it. So when you walk in you are greeted by a vending machine. You place your coins into the slot and order your food (we base it on photos only because well Kanji isn't our first language) so I guess we never really know what we are getting. Then the vending machine spits out a few tickets with your order and them, you then hand it to the worker and then go and sit down. Within 10 minutes you have piping hot food sitting in front of you. There are an array of condiments on the table from soy sauce, to a pot of hot chili peppers with green veggies sort of like pieces of leek in it that you mix into your food....mmm. You can also have fresh minced garlic pressed onto your food. I think Greg took my mom here a second or third time.

No comments: